1. _______ he’s old, he can still carry this heavy bag.
A. Though B. Since C. For D. So
2. ---Do you know if he _______ to play basket ball with us?
---I think he will come if he ______ free tomorrow.
A. comes; is B. comes; will be C. will come; is D. will come; will be
3. In the zoo if a child _____ into the water and can’t swim, the dolphins may come up ______ him.
A. will fall; to help B. falls; to help
C. will fall; help D. falls; helping
4. I don’t remember ________ he worked in that city when he was young.
A. what B. which C. where D. who
5. We will stay at home if my aunt ________ to visit us tomorrow.
A. comes B. come C. will come D. is coming
6. The police asked the children _______ cross the street ________ the traffic lights turned green.
A. not; before B. don’t; when C. not to; until D. not; after
7. I was late for class yesterday _______ there was something wrong with my bike.
A. when B. that C. until D. because
8. I’ll go swimming with you if I ________ free tomorrow.
A. will be B. shall be C. am D. was
9. In the exam, the ________ you are, ______ the _______ mistakes you will make.
A. careful; little B. more careful; fewest
C. more careful; fewer D. more careful; less
10. You should finish your lessons _______ you go out to paly.
A. before B. after C. when D. while
11. I hurried _____ I wouldn’t be late for class.
A. since B. so that C. as if D. unless
12. When you read the book, you’d better make a mark _______ you have any questions.
A. which B. that C. where D. though
13. The teacher raised his voice _______ all the students could hear him.
A. for B. so that C. because D. in order
14. He took off his coat _______ he felt hot.
A. because B. as C. if D. since
15. It is ______ that we’d like to go out for a walk.
A. a lovely day B. too lovely a day
C. so lovely a day D. such lovely a day
16. Mary had ______ much work to do that she stayed at her office all day.
A. such B. so C. too D. very
17. _______ I felt very tired, I tried to finish the work.
A. Although B. Because C. As D. As if
18. ______ the day went on, the weather got worse.
A. With B. Since C. While D. As
19. ______ well you can drive, you must drive carefully.
A. So long as B. In order that
C. No matter how D. The moment
20. Write to me as soon as you ________ to Beijing.
A. will get B. get C. getting D. got
I am not angry with him, _______ _______ ______ jokes he ______ on me.
Mrs Bruce was _______ kind to her students ______ they ______ her _____ their mother.
Our parents will be pleased with our performance _____ _____ ______ we try our best.
Will you please call me ______ ______ ______ you get to Shanghai.
The seven-year-old girl likes playing the piano ______ ______ ______ she has kept
practicing for two years.
_______ _______ ______ _______, she kept on learning English by herself.
He wants to be a journalist ______ _______ _______ _______.
_______ _______ windy or rainy, our teacher is always the first to get to school.
______ ______ ______ _____ _______ to protecting the environment, the world will become much more beautiful.
Li Ming didn’t come to school _______ _______ ______ ______.
一. 1.A 2.C 3.B 4.C 5.A 6.C 7.D 8.C 9.C 10.A 11.B 12.C 13.B 14.A 15.C 16.B 17.A 18.D 19.C 20.B
二. 1. no matter what; plays 2.so; that; regarded; as 3. as long as 4. as long as 5. so much that 6. Though she was busy 7. when he grows up 8.Whether it’s 9. If everyone makes a contribution 10. because he was ill