1. Do you know _______ during the coming summer holiday?
A. what will Tom do B. what did Tom do
C. what Tom will do D. what Tom did
2. I want to know_________.
A. what is his name B. what’s his name
C. that his name is D. what his name is
3. Do you know ________ I could pass the exam?
A. that B. whether C. what D. which
4. Jim doesn’t understand ____________.
A. which is the way to the museum
B. why his wife always goes shopping
C. what is the way to the museum
D. why does she always go shopping
5. ---Could you tell me ______ she is looking for?
A. that B. whose C. who D. which
6. Mr. King didn’t know _______ yesterday evening.
A. when does his son come home
B. when his son comes home
C. when did his son come home
D. when his son came home
7. Could you tell me _______ the bike this morning?
A. how does he mend B. how he mends
C. how he mended D. how did he mend
8. ---I’m waiting for the mail. Do you know ________ it will arrive?
---Usually it comes by 4: 00.
A. how B. where C. when D. what
9. ---Excuse me, would you please tell me ________?
---Certainly. Go straight along here. It’s next to a hospital.
A. how we can get to the post office
B. how can we get to the post office
C. how get to the post office
D. how could we get to the post office
10. ---Can I help you?
---Yes. I’d like a ticket to Mount Emei. Can you tell me ______ take to get there?
A. how soon will it B. how soon it will
C. how long it will D. how long will it
11. He wanted to know ___________.
A. whether he speaks at the meeting
B. when the meeting would start
C. what he’s going to do at the meeting
D. where would the meeting be held
12. ---Could you tell me _________ the Bamboo Garden?
---The day after tomorrow, I think.
A. when will you visit B. when you will visit
C. when would you visit D. when you would visit
13. Would you please tell me _________ next, Mr Wang?
A. what should we do B. we should do what
C. what we should do D. should we do what
14. You can’t imagine _________ when they received these nice Christmas presents.
A. how they were excited B. how excited they were
C. how excited were they D. they were how excited
15. I want to know ________ you will come back at 8:00 tomorrow.
A. that B. when C. where D. whether
16. ---Could you tell me ____________?
---Sorry, I don’t know. I was not at the meeting.
A. what does he say at the meeting
B. what did he say at the meeting
C. what he says at the meeting
D. what he said at the meeting
17. ---Could you tell me _________ last night?
---Er, I was watching Euro 2004 at home.
A. what you were doing B. what were you doing
C. what you are doing D. what are you doing
18. The teacher asked the students __________.
A. if they were interested in dinosaurs
B. when was Albert Einstein born
C. what they will do with the computers
D. how many trees they have planted
19. Every morning the patients are asked if ________ their temperature taken.
A. they had had B. have they had
C. they have had D. had they had
20. It’s up to you to decide _______ you’ll go there, by air or by road.
A. how B. why C. that D. when
Li Ming says _______ _______ interested in playing computer games.
I don’t think Mary ______ ______.
Sam told me that he _______ _______ for Shanghai.
Could you tell me _______ I can get to the Bell Tower?
Father said that he ________ ________ a new computer..
I want to know _________ there is a train to Beijing.
Do you know ______ _______ a double room ______?
Could you tell me ______ ______ we’re going to be away?
Uncle said that he ______ _______ a new novel.
Jack said he _______ something important to do.
一. 1.C 2.D 3.B 4.B 5.C 6.D 7.C 8.C 9.A 10.C 11.B 12.B 13.C 14.B 15.D 16.D 17.A 18.A 19.C 20.A
二. 1.he is 2.will come 3.was leaving 4.how 5.had bought 6.if (whether) 7.how much 8.how long 9.was writing 10.had